|What is it all about?||Who is it suitable for?||Sedation Facts|
What’s it all about?
The process of Sedation Dentistry starts when you are given a small pill to take an hour prior to your dental appointment. You should plan on having a companion accompany you to our office in downtown Portland, Oregon. By the time you arrive at Bravo Smile, you will feel very drowsy. You will then be escorted into a peaceful room, covered with a thick, warm blanket and placed on a monitor to watch your vital signs. When you’re feeling comfortable, Dr. Chapman and the experienced clinical team at Bravo Smile will then gently perform your dental treatment. When your treatment is completed, your companion will return you to your home where you’ll be able to finish your day normally.
Sedation dentistry may be a good option for people who:
- Are fearful of dental treatment
- Have had traumatic dental experiences
- Have difficulty getting numb
- Have a powerful gag reflex
- Have very sensitive teeth
- Have limited time to complete their dental care
- Have complex dental problems
- Are apprehensive about needles and shots
- Are apprehensive about the noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
- Are apprehensive about or embarrassed about their teeth
- It really works. You really can sleep through your dental appointment.
- It’s safe. You take a small pill prior to treatment, and no intra-venous tubes or needles are necessary.
- You will probably have little or no memory of the experience. You won’t remember any sounds or smells.
- You can sleep for up to five or six hours after taking the pill. The amount of time you sleep will vary depending on your needed treatment.
- Complex dental treatments that often require six to eight appointments can be done in as little as one! All while you sleep.
- People who have difficulty getting numb will have a more successful procedure when relaxed and sleeping.
- Sedation Dentistry is a safe way to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatment and long appointments.